The V Word! Why Vegan Milk Chocolate is Best!
Mr. Popple’s Milk Free Milk Chocolate… Say it again, Milk Free Milk Chocolate! I know what you’re thinking: “Doesn’t that just sound weird?” Trust me, if you’ve never tried vegan chocolate before, then this is the perfect time to do it. Vegan chocolate is not just for vegans; in fact, many people who eat animal-based dairy products are now choosing milk-free alternatives because of their health benefits and environmental impact. Now, thanks to the promotion of the tasty plant-based alternative ingredients in chocolate, vegan chocolate is making a name for itself. The belief that good taste can be found in all walks of life is something we all share at Mr Popple’s Chocolate. Being vegan is no longer a reason to shy away from amazing tasting chocolate!
Back to Basics – What it Means to be Vegan:
Veganism is sustaining a diet (and often a way of life) without using animal products.About 79 million people on Earth are vegan, which is still only 0.1% of the world’s population. In the UK, the number of people following a plant based diet is approx 750,000, or 1.2% of the population. Milk chocolate is just one example of a food that can easily be made vegan. Milk free milk chocolate has the same clean taste and creamy texture as traditional dairy-based milk chocolate, but without any animal products. In fact, there are so many foods out there where you’d never even know they were vegan…There’s a lot of vegan food available these days. Who would have guessed? Milk free milk chocolate is a delicious treat that’s not only completely plant-based, but also healthier for you and kinder to the planet! Vegan Milk Chocolate is a great example of how you don’t have to sacrifice flavour for health, kindness or sustainability!
Top 6 Reasons to Eat Vegan Chocolate:
- Health benefits – Dairy free milk chocolate bars can be healthy too – not just dark chocolate ones
- The environment – The dairy industry is a massive producer of methane! This greenhouse gas is seven times stronger than carbon dioxide. Switching to milk and dairy free chocolate gives mother nature a helping hand.
- Animal welfare – As a rule of thumb, no animal by-products are suitable in vegan products simply due to the treatment of the animals who are sometimes exploited in these industries. If you cut out the middleman, it gives the cows the chance to live happier lives. Udderly amazing if you ask us!
- Taste – Our chocolate has a legen-dairy free taste that is full of flavour. We use hemp and rice milks as dairy alternatives, helping to give our vegan milk chocolate its characteristically creamy and slightly nutty flavour.
- Boost your mood – Tryptophan is found in chocolate and is a precursor to serotonin, the happy hormone! We feel that this helps us combat our low moods and anxieties.
- Finally, anyone who struggles with lactose can enjoy our chocolate without any fear of tummy troubles or discomfort, simply a satisfied smile.
We can wholeheartedly guarantee that our chocolate is made in a milk free zone – something other factories cannot say!