The V Word! Why Vegan Milk Chocolate is Best!
Mr. Popple’s milk free milk chocolate… Say it again, milk free milk chocolate! I know what you’re thinking: “Doesn’t that just sound weird?”
Trust me, if you’ve never tried vegan chocolate before, then there is no time like the present to give these delicious bars a go!
Vegan chocolate is not just for vegans. In fact, many people who eat animal-based dairy products are now choosing milk-free alternatives because of their health benefits and environmental impact. Now, thanks to the promotion of the tasty plant-based alternative ingredients in chocolate, vegan chocolate is making a name for itself.
The belief that good taste can be found in all walks of life is something that all of us share here at Mr Popple’s Chocolate. Being vegan is no longer a reason to shy away from amazing tasting chocolate!
Back to Basics – What it means to be ‘vegan’:
Veganism is sustaining a diet (and often a way of life) without using animal products. About 79 million people on Earth are vegan, which is still only 0.1% of the world’s population. In the UK, the number of people following a plant based diet is approximately 750,000, or 1.2% of the population.
Milk chocolate is just one example of a food that can easily be made vegan. Milk free milk chocolate has the same super clean taste and creamy texture as traditional dairy-based milk chocolate, one of the only differences is that it is completely free of any animal products. In fact, there are so many foods out there that you’d never even suspect were vegan…
There’s a lot of vegan friendly food available these days. Who would have guessed? With more and more options at your fingertips, milk free chocolate is a delicious treat that’s not only completely plant-based, but also healthier for you. One element we especially love is that these bars are kinder to the planet!
Vegan milk chocolate is a great example of how you don’t have to sacrifice flavour for health, kindness or sustainability!
FUN FACTS: The dairy free milks we use in our chocolate, are hemp and rice milks. In comparison to whole cow milk, hemp has less calories and fewer carbohydrates! It also contains more amino acids. Rice milk contains very little fat, making it a healthier option than most dairy based milks on the market. These vegan milk alternatives are a super nutritious choice!
Top 6 Reasons to Eat Vegan Chocolate:
- Health Benefits – Dairy free milk chocolate bars can be healthy too – not just dark chocolate ones! Our chocolate is raw, this means its bursting with antioxidants that protect your body against free radicals. These are handy when protecting cells against things like heart disease and even cancer.
- The Environment – The dairy industry is a massive producer of methane! This greenhouse gas is seven times stronger than carbon dioxide. Switching to milk and dairy free chocolate gives mother nature a helping hand.
- Animal Welfare – As a rule of thumb, no animal by-products are suitable in vegan products, this is simply because of the treatment of the animals who are sometimes exploited in these industries. If you cut out the middleman, it gives the cows the chance to live happier lives. Udderly amazing if you ask us!
- Taste – Our chocolate has a legen-dairy free taste that is full of flavour. We use hemp and rice milks as dairy alternatives, helping to give our vegan milk chocolate its characteristically creamy and slightly nutty flavour. Virtue has never tasted so good!
- Mood Boost – Tryptophan is found in chocolate and is a precursor to serotonin, the happy hormone. We feel, at Mr Popple’s, that this helps us combat our low moods and anxieties throughout the day. Let’s face it, during these uncertain times, who doesn’t want a little burst of happiness?!
- Finally, anyone who struggles with lactose can enjoy our chocolate without any fear of tummy troubles or discomfort, simply a satisfied smile.
We can wholeheartedly guarantee that our chocolate is made in a milk free zone – something that makes us different to other chocolate out there! It is our goal to deliver delicious chocolate that doesn’t cost the Earth.
Check out our vegan dairy free chocolate bar range today at mrpoppleschocolate.co.uk